cannoli

cannoli

Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I had a great weekend!!!  Besides getting another year older the weekend could not have been better.  I'm sure that getting another year older is better than the alternative but a little disturbing too. 

The sun was out Saturday and Sunday with the temperature soaring to 66 and 70 degrees.  Nick and I took Bailey to the park Saturday morning so all of us could enjoy the wonderful weather together.  That evening Nick and I we to a Japanese restaurant for dinner and had a great time.

On Sunday Bailey and I visited my Dad for a while and Nick got some reading done for his classes.  After a painful and irritating trip to the grocery store Nick made his “quick” sauce and we had spaghetti.  It was delicious and the perfect way to end my birthday weekend.  My Mom made me a cake (German Chocolate layer cake with cream cheese icing) and it is wonderful.  I’ll have to get her to share the recipe, it’s the best birthday cake I’ve had!

Another year older and this week started the same as last week…funny how that happens! 

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren
Filet and Chicken

Mai Tai

Birthday Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment