cannoli

cannoli

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Night Meal



Sunday was the perfect time for Chicken Pot Pie.  Nick loves this dish and mentioned last week it was time for us to have it.  I cooked some boneless chicken breasts that were on sale a couple of weeks ago instead of using the rotisserie chicken that I typically use.  This recipe is so easy and tastes so good.  This was my only cooking experience this weekend.  I had originally planned on trying a new recipe for Vodka Sauce this weekend but got lazy after my brother left Sunday afternoon and didn't want to go to the grocery store to get the things I needed.  This happens to me alot but I think the Chicken Pot Pie was a nice substitute.  Maybe I'll have the Vodka Sauce for my birthday dinner this coming weekend.

I'm trying now to figure out what the menu will be this week.  I'm thinking a big pot of chili is due and I'm sure spaghetti will work it's way in also. 

Here's the recipe for the Chicke Pot Pie:

Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie:
2 - Cans Cream of Potato Soup
1 - 16 oz. Can Veg-All, drained
2 Cups chopped cooked chicken *(I typical use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
1/2 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Cup Milk
1/8 tsp thyme
black pepper to suit taste
2 - 9" Refrigerated Pie Crusts
1 Egg, beaten

Drain Veg-All. Combine all ingredients, except egg, in a bowl and mix well.  Put one crust in the bottom of a pie plate, spoon mixture in pie plate and cover with other crust and crimp edges to seal.  Cut 3-4 slits in top of crust then brush with beaten egg for a golden brown crust.  Cook in a 375 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling through slits in crust.  Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.
 Serve & enjoy!

*I have used 2-3 boneless chicken breasts boiled in water, butter, salt, pepper and garlic instead of the rotisserie chicken.  I usually use the whole rotisserie chicken without the skin.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment: