cannoli

cannoli

Friday, January 14, 2011

Plans and Chicken Parm

Last weekend was more eventful than I had planned.  The plan for Saturday was to hit the grocery store with the other 100,000 people in town to get ready for the snow BUT it was not to be.  I spent from 11 AM until 4 PM helping my wonderful, kind and generous Dad replace the water pump in the Tahoe…UGH!  It was so cold but luckily we pulled the Tahoe in the garage and closed the door and had a heater running the garage.  You know, replacing a water pump is not that fun but I did enjoy spending time with my Dad although I would rather have spent time with him on his boat with a fishing pole in my hand (not with it 25 degrees and windy but you know what I mean).  So, after 2 trips to the parts store, lunch from Burger King and hours of wrestling, scraping and wrangling, the water pump was in and everything was back to some semblance of normal.  No wonder mechanics charge so much…nothing is easy.  Thank goodness Nick got back from his class meeting when he did, that trip to BK helped give us the energy to finish the job.

Sunday evening I made chicken parm with spaghetti.  Nick made his “quick” sauce for it…it was SO good.  As you can see the pieces of chicken are gigantic after pounding them out and frying them.  We have Nick’s “quick” sauce quite often with spaghetti, it was perfect for the chicken parm.  I call it “quick” sauce because it only cooks about an hour not the ‘simmering all day” sauce.

The whole time I’m cooking I’m looking for the snow as I had already planned on NOT being able to work Monday.  Finally at Midnight we had our first flake with almost 8” to follow.  And I couldn’t work Tuesday either…woo hoo!  Bailey LOVES the snow!

Monday I put on a crock pot full of taco soup and it hit the spot with all that snow on the ground.  Those chicken parm leftovers were great on Tuesday too. 

The snow is melting and I’m back to work but at least it’s Friday.  I’m not sure what the menu holds for the weekend…maybe meatloaf and mashed potatoes, we haven’t had that in a long time.  I have a great recipe for meatloaf cooked in the microwave but I may go old school and cook it in the oven…hmmm decisions, decisions.
Eat something good this weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment