cannoli

cannoli

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Leftovers

Tonight is leftover night...Chicken Pot Pie leftovers to be exact.  Thank goodness Nick does not mind eating leftovers because we do not throw anything away.  I made Chicken Pot Pie for dinner on Sunday and it will be so good tonight warmed up in the microwave and so quick too.  Tomorrow night will be Chili leftover night as we had Chili last night. 

Since I travel an hour to and from work every day I don't really cook that much during the week.  When I do cook I try to cook enough that we can have leftovers a day or two later.  Last night was Chili night so before I went to work yesterday morning everything went into the slow cooker and it was perfect when I got home.  Served with sour cream, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips all I can say is YUM!

My Chili is very simple and not very creative since I use a store bought chili kit and only add my ground beef, tomato sauce, pink beans, onions and a can of Rotel Hot.  I'd love to find a good and quick chili recipe but haven't put in the time to look.  I'm sure there are some recipes out there but I haven't found one that is quick yet.  All of them sound good but would take more time than I have in the mornings to put it together. 

I've been working on the cookbook too.  I've typed several recipes that I wrote down during the holidays while I had my parents in front of me to give me the blow-by-blow.  I am expecting some recipes in the mail this week and I'm so excited.  I can't wait to see and try some of them.

The weekend is approaching, thank goodness.  Once I've come up with a food plan I'll let you know.

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, here's another idea for left-over chili: cook some elbow macaroni and mix it with the chili, top with grated cheese. Nick will probably remember this dish, as I tended to make it a lot.

    ReplyDelete