cannoli

cannoli

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Visiting Family

Wow!  It’s been a few WEEKS since I have posted.  I guess that corresponds to it being a few weeks since I’ve cooked anything worth talking about…and it’s true.  We have cooked but nothing worth mentioning.  Same old dishes every week.  That’s o.k., I don’t mind having the same thing from week to week but it’s just not worth telling everyone. 

We had company last week, Nick and Betsy passed through on their way to Texas for a wedding.  It was great to see them.  They got into town on Saturday, 3/5 so we visited our typical “first night” dinner spot, El Campesino.  It had been a while since we had been and it tasted great.  On Sunday, we visited The Dillard House in Dillard, GA for lunch.  It was wonderful too!  If you’ve never been to The Dillard House I suggest you check it out.  It is country comfort food at its best, except for eating at my Granny’s table on Sunday, it can’t be beat!

On Monday of their visit Nick made spaghetti sauce.  I came home from work and the house smelled wonderful!  I don’t usually eat lunch and I was starving.  It was a great meal with family. 

I always worry about Bailey when Nick and Betsy come for a visit.  We do not have a lot of visitors so Bailey gets SOOO excited when someone new comes into the house.  It’s different when I come in from work everyday…he sits in his spot until he is told it’s o.k. for him to move. BUT when someone new comes in it’s off to the races!  And, not everyone likes to be licked to death by a 100 pound shedding ball of energy.  He did very well though.  By Monday he was laying in the kitchen while Nick put the sauce together.  Now don’t get me wrong, we had our moments when he couldn’t help himself but he is growing up and learning so those moments where short and far apart.


1 comment:

  1. Cindy, Bailey is maturing nicely! The next time we come, he may decide that we are no longer exciting company and ignore us completely.

    When we were visiting the Gilliams in San Antonio, their three dogs must have smelled Bailey on my clothes. They gathered around me for the first few hours, sniffing, and then decided that I was not a "fun" person. Gus, Thionna and Barnaby thought Nick was more interesting!

    ReplyDelete